Skip to main content Skip to footer

Court of Protection

Appoint Trustees

In the case in which a Deputy has already been appointed to manage the affairs of a person lacking capacity if the incapable person owns property jointly with another person, a separate application will need to be made to the Court of Protection for a Deputy to be able to act in the sale of the property, as a trustee.

This is because the roles of the deputy and trustee are different from one another.

We have dealt with many applications to the Court of Protection to appoint a trustee. We can also work closely with our Residential Conveyancing team to make sure the sale of the property is managed efficiently in these circumstances.

Call one of our Court of Protection solicitors or arrange an initial interview with one of our solicitors at any of our offices at either Hartlepool, Peterlee, Durham or Wingate.

TMJ Legal Services

TMJ Legal Services has been helping individuals and businesses since 1986. We offer a range of advice and services. 

Lexcel logo
The Law Society Accredited Conveyancing Quality Logo
The Law Society Accredited Personal Injury Logo
Association Lifetime Lawyers
Contracted with the Legal Aid Agency Logo
disability confident employer logo