Text Text


If you have been injured in a public place, you may be able to pursue a claim for compensation, if the accident was the fault of whoever is responsible for the area where the accident occurred. 

The responsible person/body is usually the owner or tenant of the public place. They have a responsibility in law to ensure that they have taken all reasonable steps to make the premises safe for visitors.

Examples of public places where accidents may occur are:

  • Supermarkets;
  • Shops;
  • Car-parks;
  • Shopping Centres;
  • Hospitals;
  • Offices;
  • Theatres;
  • Cinemas;
  • Restaurants and Pubs.

If you have had an accident in a public place please ensure that the following steps are taken:

  • Report your accident to the owner or their employee;
  • Ensure an accident report is completed;
  • Write your own version of events and keep it in a safe place;
  • Take detailed photographs of the accident scene;
  • Obtain contact details of any witnesses;
  • Find out if there is CCTV of your accident.

Feedback from real clients:


"I would recommend TMJ to anyone. Lyn and Natalie have been fantastic - spot on. A big thank you. If I need a solicitor again I would use you." 

To get in touch with us regarding any of the areas below please contact: Lyn Ryan


View our accreditations