An opportunity to join a highly regarded and established firm of solicitors as a Trainee Solicitor.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist a team of experienced and dedicated lawyers in managing a varied caseload of family law matters.
- Conduct legal research and prepare relevant documentation including legal correspondence, court applications, bundles, statements and briefs to counsel.
- Communicate with clients, counsel and court personnel professionally and effectively.
- Maintain accurate and organised case files and documents.
- Keep up to date on changes and developments in family law practice and procedure
- A Law Degree and prior completion of the Legal Practice Course.
- Practical family law experience would be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of family law practices, procedures and terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills together with an organised and methodical approach to working with excellent attention to detail.
- Practical knowledge and use of IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience of using a legal case management system.
- A polite, cheerful attitude, particularly when meeting clients.
- A committed and self-motivated individual who can work as part of a friendly team.
Duration: Fixed term contract with the opportunity to continue career with the firm following admission as a solicitor
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Location: Based in Hartlepool
Working Hours: Full-time
We are a regional firm of solicitors established in 1986, offering a wide range of services to private and business clients. We have offices in Hartlepool, Peterlee, Durham and Wingate, undertaking private and publicly funded work. We have been awarded the Lexcel Legal Practice Quality Mark annually since 2018. Please refer here for more information.
Email CV and cover letter to email@example.com or by post to Helen Oakley, TMJ Legal Services, Foster House, 99 Raby Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8DT.
TMJ Legal Services
TMJ Legal Services has been helping individuals and businesses since 1986. We offer a range of advice and services.