Non UK Divorce (if you are divorcing someone)

Either you or your spouse are living outside England or Wales, or married elsewhere, but want to be divorced here.

An uncontested divorce is where you have had divorce papers and wish the divorce to go ahead.

What help is on offer?

Your solicitor will offer you full advice, and help you through all the papers, namely:

Throughout the process, your solicitor will keep you fully informed of all developments in your case.

We assume that the other party does not object to the divorce and that the UK Court has power to deal with the case.

What is the cost?

All work involved with replying to the divorce, to dissolve the marriage. Our fees for this work are £750 + VAT (£900 total).

Court fees

The Court will require you to pay their standard fee. This is currently £410, payable when the petition is filed.

Extra fees

If you would like your solicitor to help with children or financial matters, we will provide a separate quotation for this before starting work. Other extra costs sometimes found are obtaining a certified copy marriage certificate, or obtaining an English translation of a marriage certificate.